For more tips and tricks for the Central Coast Mariners v Nagoya Grampus Eight go here.
Getting back to Kyoto or Osaka without being stranded
Thankfully the game starts at 7:00pm, so will end around 9:00pm. The last (and only) Shinkansen back to Kyoto and Shin-Osaka for JR Rail Pass holders after the game are:
- Nagoya 22:09, Kyoto 23:02, Shin-Osaka 23:16 (Hikari 531)
- Nagoya 22:17, Kyoto 2:12, Shin-Osaka 23:26 (Kodama 683)
Sakuradori Subway Line trains leave Mizuhounojonishi Station to Nagoya every 8 minutes. The latest trains to catch to be able to catch the Shinkansen are 21:40 (for the Hikari) and 21:48 for the Kodama.
Getting to Mizuho Stadium from JR Nagoya
You might be surprised to learn that access to the Mizuho Stadium is relatively easy. The simplest option I can see is:
- Get to JR Nagoya station;
- Take Sakuradori (No 6) to Mizuhoundojonishi (Mizuho Stadium). Y260, 20 minutes.
- Take any of the east exits and turn east to follow the main road that branches off Sakura Dori, for about a ten minute walk.